A few weeks ago I wrote this post about the possibility of churches working together on using buildings.
Today I was catching up on some reading on my Google reader and came across this post by Seth Godin - In Search of Competition.
It made me start to think about ways we could actually create this competition in our churches.
Now just a quick note on competition. I know that churches are not in competition with each other although if many pastors were totally honest. When they hear about a church down the road that is growing quicker than theirs, there very often is a tinge of I wish that was our church.
Once you have read Seth's post here think about ways that we could actually foster the "competition" that would create this excitement and audience.
Here a my quick thoughts:
- Start another service with a very different worship style.
- Invite another church to start a service at a different time in your premisis.
- Support someone planting a church in your town and city.
- Provide a base for another church ministry to function from.
- Send volunteers or staff members to another church to assist in an area where they are in need say a Musician.
- Share your resources. - Nowadays we produce all sorts of resource that is time consuming, literature, videos & props to name a few.
Kingdom or silo thinking.