Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Monday, April 21, 2014
- He is Risen, He is risen indeed
- Sonia likes to wear slippers on stage during the service run through. lol
- It blows my mind as I drive into the church car park at 8 am and see the place brimming with so many volunteers at work.
- In a sick way having problems with traffic and car parking at church is a good thing. Having no traffic would be a bigger problem. Shout out to all the guys who serve on the front line in the car park!
- With a set of drums and what I term bongos the service could have been renamed "dualing drummers". :)
- It was great to have Mark back preaching after his trip to Bulgaria. He said:
- Easter proves that Jesus was who he said he was & that he triumphed over everything including death.
- The last thing we need is a church thats silent but when it does speak it needs to speak about the Gospel. Its that that changes lives
- Eternal life cannot be manufactured or earned even in a 1000 lifetimes its a free gift only through Christ it's a scandal.
- The gospel changes us from being self centred and self driven people into Christ centred & Christ driven people.
- The vilest offender who truly believes, That moment from Jesus a pardon receives. - Fanny Crosby
- The early disciples had more wealth than stacked up in any bank, they had connected to this eternal life of Christ so they could sing even in prison.
- Jesus said... "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live.
- We welcomed over 1200 people, including 241 children, to our 3 services. And people say church is not relevant?
Had the awesome opportunity to share from God's Word at the Milton Keynes Christian Centre Good Friday service. We were continuing our series God is the Gospel. Here is a video of the message.
For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation. - Romans 5:10-11
“God does not love us because Christ died for us, Christ died for us because God loves us" – J I Packer
Saturday, April 12, 2014
The Roman Emperors referred to the Christians in the early church as "atheists". The didn't believe in the Roman God's. The Emperor Julian (AD 332-363) was frustrated that more and more people were being drawn to this new religion. Not only that, what stunned him about them was the Christ-exalting love that these Christians showed in spite of the persecution they were under.
Posted by Billy Ritchie at 6:50 pm