Notes from session 4 at Willow Creek Leadership Summit.
• Build on my strengths and manage around my weaknesses.
• You do not learn about good by studying bad.
• Example of a strength based school Purnell School. – affinities programme
• People are not our greatest asset, people strengths are our greatest asset.
• 3 myths:
Myth 1: As you grow your personality changes.
Truth 1: As you grow, you become more of who you already are.
Myth 2: You grow most in your areas of greatest weakness.
Truth 2: You grow the most in your areas of greatest strength.
Myth 3: A great team member puts their strengths aside and does whatever it takes to help the team.
Truth 3: A great team member volunteers his strengths to the team most of the time.
• We are living in a day where our children are being characterised as what they are not by the people who love them the most.
1. Identify your strengths.
2. Change something – push towards your strengths.
3. Talk about your strengths without bragging and your weaknesses without whining.
4 Signs of a strength.