Yesterday I had the opportunity to preach at MKCC in our latest teaching series - The Table.
- In many of our homes the tray has replaced the table, we choose entertainment not intimacy.
- We take everything a put it in a box when God is wanting to open the box and release the power of his Gospel over our lives.
- The power of the Christian life is not goosebumps in church but in holy spirit demonstration in our home, schools, colleges, work places and streets.
- Religions have at least two characteristics:
• people create a religious hierarchy to outsource their religious obligations
So, the default mode of culture and people is toward ceremony and hierarchy, rather than devotion and ministry engagement.
- Discipleship is about Leaving & Following Christ’s FIRST words and Christ’s FINAL words to us are the SAME words… “FOLLOW ME.” – Brad Cooper
- Discipleship is about Transformation
- We are educated way beyond our level of obedience.
- Many churches equate discipleship with knowledge…The essence of discipleship is transformational not informational
- Judas learned from Jesus' teaching, but never allowed Jesus' teaching transform him. And Jesus would not be Judas' Savior because He was not Judas' Lord.-AW Tozer
- Christian discipleship is a process of paying more and more attention to God’s righteousness and less and less attention to our own; finding the meaning of our lives not by probing our moods and motives and morals but by believing in God’s will and purposes; making a map of the faithfulness of God, not charting the rise and fall of our enthusiasm. – Eugene Peterson
- Leonard Ravenhill "I don't mind feeding babies with a bottle and milk, but I do mind parting whiskers to get the bottle in!"
- Discipleship Happens in Community
- Discipleship Takes Time