Eight reasons not to be anxious. Originally posted by John Piper in his reading plan on Matthew 6:25-34.
- Life is more than food and the body more than clothing (Matthew 6:25).
- God feeds the birds and you are more valuable than they are (Matthew 6:26).
- It's pointless. It adds not one hour to your life (Matthew 6:27).
- If God clothes ephemeral grass, he will clothe eternal you (Matthew 6:28-30).
- Unbelievers are anxious about stuff. And you are not an unbeliever (Matthew 6:32a).
- Your father knows that you need all these things you're anxious about (Matthew 6:32b).
- When you seek first God's kingdom and righteousness, what you need is added to you (Matthew 6:33).
- Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Tomorrow's trouble stays there (Matthew 6:34).
"We should be slow to treat Jesus as if he doesn’t know what he is doing in our lives"