My daily readings through devotions written by John Piper on YouVersion reminded me that the Apostle Paul was a prosperity preacher.
He time and time again wrote to the churches about "Riches" however we find that it was about anything other than hard cash.
Here is what John Piper wrote:
Here are all the uses of Paul’s favorite word for “riches” (Greek: ploutos). Taste and see what he lives for.
- The riches of God’s kindness and forbearance and patience. (Romans 2:4)
- The riches of God’s glory for vessels of mercy. (Romans 9:23)
- The riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! (Romans 11:33)
- A wealth of generosity on their part. (2 Corinthians 8:2)
- The riches of God’s grace. (Ephesians 1:7)
- The riches of God’s glorious inheritance in the saints. (Ephesians 1:18)
- The immeasurable riches of God’s grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:7)
- The unsearchable riches of Christ. (Ephesians 3:8)
- The riches of God’s glory. (Ephesians 3:16)
- God’s riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- The riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)
- The riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ. (Colossians 2:2)
- The rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. (1 Timothy 6:17)
So I am truly RICH!