Anyone can become an expert in table tennis in one year.
That's what Sam Larcombe, a ranked table tennis player and coach, believed. He took novice table tennis player, Sam Priestley, and challenged him to get ranked in England's top 250 best players by the end of 2014.
Starting on Jan. 1, 2014, Priestley practised almost every day, attending training camps and facing off against opponents half his age. His daily progress was filmed; it's amazing to watch how he has changed. (source: Mashable)
So it got me thinking what could happen in our lives if we truly committed to radical DISCIPLESHIP every day for one year?
Watching the video, it would include:
- Daily habits
- Following disciplines alone
- Learning from others
- Practising anywhere and everywhere even when conditions in life are not ideal.
- Not giving in to failure
- Learning from those with more expertise then you
- Sacrificing the box in the corner (TV) for the gift or learning.
- Not being afraid of trying new things
- Celebrate the "wins"