Shout out to Dan Rockwell for this list:
- Judge people by their strengths, not yours.
- Understand that success depends on understanding, releasing, focusing and developing talent in others.
- Know yourself through habitual self-reflection.
- Understand how others perceive you. A disconnect between the way you see yourself and others see you indicates lack of self-awareness.
- Thank people when they share their insights and provide feedback. Painful feedback is good.
- Expect people to be their best. The guiding term is “their” best.
- Create environments that nurture and protect excellence. Expect the most from yourself.