Today we welcome Mark & Laura Waltz to MKCC. At Granger Community Church, Mark oversees adult relational connections, including groups, guest services and volunteer strategies. He is going to be training many of our staff and volunteers over the next few day. Including a workshop on Saturday, Lasting Impressions, you can still book in here.
Here is post that Mark put together. It is very interesting to me what he has gleaned through a couple of short conversations and reviewing MKCC's various guises on the internet. Web, facebook, twitter etc. If this is what MKCC is communicating through media and face to face it makes me very happy.
Last year the good people of Milton Keynes Christian Center, just outside London, invited me to join them for a few days of training, including an all-day workshop with their teams and area churches.
My wife, Laura, and I have anticipated this partnership (as well, as the rare opportunity to take in the history and beauty of their region) for months now. It's here! We leave this week to join lead pastor, Mark Sherratt, associate pastor, Billy Ritchie, and their amazing team.
Before we even get there, here's what I love about MKCC:
Their values are clear and courageous:
- We're passionate about people
- We're committed to community
- We're moving towards maturity
- We're saved to serve
- We're forgiven to forgive
- We're given to generosity
- We're bringing our best
- They have opened their campus for business and city to maximize their efforts
- They are creatively and constantly initiating ways to give to their city
- They are wiling to "go the distance" to embrace their people
- They frequently invest in their staff and volunteer leaders
- Training is normal and expected
- Prayer covers their new and existing leaders
- They trust and celebrate their leaders
If you are in the area in the UK, it's not too late to join us for a day of guest services training this Saturday, 8 March 2014. You can learn more and register here.