God's intention was that through the church he would make his wisdom known to mankind, not that through the church you would know Him.
The Church is a glorious entity but it was never supposed to come between us and God or worse still become our God.
10 ways to you have exchanged the PERSONAL for the CORPORATE.
- You recognise your pastors voice but not God's voice.
- Reading the Bible off the screen at church is one of the few if not the only times you connect to it all week.
- You feel closer to God in a church service that you do at any other time.
- You often talk to church leaders and other Christians about your problems but seldom talk to God.
- You celebrate with other in church at answered prayer but are not really sure if God is listening to you.
- You speak up in a prayer meeting but seldom or never pray alone.
- You attend a Bible study but never study alone.
- The main reason you go to church is to be blessed rather than to serve and bless others.
- You can't remember that last time you heard God speak to you outside a church service.
- You say the word Church way more that you say the name Jesus. (Seriously think about it)
- OK I lied there is more than 10. You expect to see Spiritual Gifts in action on a Sunday in church but it wouldn't cross your mind in work on a Monday.