Our Senior Pastor Mark Sherratt recently shared this at a MKCC staff meeting. This priceless truth keeps on challenging me:
John 13 - Now I have done this as your leader, YOU DO IT and you will be blessed.
Building an enlarging culture / environment in our teams
- Believe in others before they believe in you.
- Ask what is unique, special or wonderful about a team member.
- Share your observations with them and others.
- If you believe in others and give them a positive reputation to uphold, you can help them to become better than they think they are.
- Serve others before they serve you.
- Helping others to reach their potential is the greatest thing you can do
- Make serving others a priority because of who you are and who's you are. (Reflects who you are (attitude), it Represents who's you are (Jesus) to Realign or Refocus us on how we act - style)
- Add value to others before they add value to you.
- People tend to move towards anyone who increases them and further away from people who devalue them.
- In all our dealings with team members, volunteers etc. point out their strengths encourage them and help to improvement. (How: further conversations/ reg meetings / Book recommendations, training events, learn from another leader etc)
- when you help people succeed and grow to another level, you go to another level yourself.