I had the opportunity to share the latest message in our series at Milton Keynes Christian Centre - When You Pray Say...
(click here if you can't see the video)
When You Pray Say - Give us our daily bread from MKCCpreaching on Vimeo.
- Give us each day our daily bread. - Luke 11:3
- Today's TRUST for today's NEEDS unlocks today's PROVISION.
- When they were hungry the Children of Israel grumbled against their leaders. When in need there is a huge difference between grumbling and praying.
- Our growth is more important to God than our comfort.
- Comfort is not Christ's primary objective for his followers. It is displacement of self so he can take his rightful place.
- God wants to build your trust on him and he will use EVERYTHING to do it.
- The more we trust God the more he is glorified.
- When continually asking, seeking and knocking in prayer don't forget to listen for the answer.
- Paul came to a place of maturity in prayer with his "thorn in the flesh" that he knew God wasn't going to take it away but give him something as well - Grace to live with it.
- The Children of Israel had to trust God at ZERO each day before the mana came. We have problems trusting him at 90% after giving a tithe.
- There is a vast difference between wants and needs.
- Often our prayers are filled with an abundance of talking and a scarcity of listening.
- We need to learn contentment. Too many of us are buying stuff we don't need with money we don't have.
- When Paul told the believers at Philippi that God would supply "all their needs" it is important to remember that these guys were sacrificially giving to support Paul's missionary journeys and church planting programme.
- Paul "could do all things through Christ who strengthened him" including plenty, hunger, abundance and need. In fact in EVERY circumstance.
- Paul knew and believed that God had his back. Paul knew and believed that God loved him & Paul believed that God was enough.